Alliance Venture is seeking out investment themes early on that we believe will create large new markets and where we have competence and can contribute. Focus is on selected areas in the convergence between IT and other technologies and industries where we will seek to obtain synergies by working with strategic partners and alliances in each focus area. Alliance Venture will actively support the transition from an early stage company to a profitable business and will aim to exit through a strategic sale of the company or an initial public offering.
The investment strategy is based on the following:
- Technology: Information and Communication Technology (ICT), and the convergence between ICT, micro-technology, material technology and biotechnology
- Markets: Focusing on a few selected ‘eco systems’, e.g. IT/ telecom/ media and ICT in oil, energy and cleantech
- Stages: Seed and early stage venture (typically 10 - 50% ownership in the company)
- Region: Norway/ Scandinavia (with an international potential)
- Criteria: Competent, energetic management with a scalable business model based on an unfair advantage, and where Alliance Venture can add value
- Exit: Building companies towards a strategic industrial sale or Initial Public Offering (IPO)
Technologies and Markets
Alliance Venture’s core expertise and focus are Information and Communication Technology (ICT), and the convergence between ICT, micro-technology, materials technology and biotechnology applied to a few selected markets where Norway/ Scandinavia is a leader, and/or where it represents an attractive test market.
In order to strengthen deal flow, benchmarking and business development, Alliance Venture has developed a resource pool – “eco system” with selected corporations, institutions and individuals in two selected industries:
- IT, telecom, media; with a particular focus on wireless
- ICT in oil, energy and cleantech
As a result of the rapid development and growth in new technology sectors, there will continue to be an increase in the number of investment opportunities in a variety of sectors. While the majority of investments are in the targeted sectors, Alliance Venture may invest in other technology sectors and special situations that coincide with the expertise and experience of our team and network of resources.